Provide high quality medical care to wide variety of patients in a quality oriented, efficient, and cost effective manner.
ESENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assumes responsibility for the primary care patient (i.e., health and social histories, physical examinations, handling of acute and chronic illnesses, differential diagnosis and treatment according to policies and procedures.
2. Manages, through mutual agreement and collaboration with physician, that part of care of a complicated patient which is appropriate to the ability and experience of the nurse practitioner.
3. Collaborates and consults with other allied health professionals in order to give complete patient care.
4. Assesses own professional abilities and functions, and participates in peer review of nurse practitioner practice.
5. Maintains professional competence through participation in continuing education and other appropriate learning experiences.
6. Contributes to the understanding of nurse practitioner through public relations and interagency planning activities.
7. Conducts and participates in research related to nurse practitioner and allied health fields.
8. Maintains awareness of trends in primary care, making recommendations for appropriate changes in nurse practitioner practice.
9. Practices and promotes a philosophy of self-responsibility, and self-development.
10. Interacts politely and as a team player with all levels of staff, physicians, patients, and public.
11. Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.