Responsible for greeting patients, providing customer service and maintaining patient demographics and insurance records. Performs routine duties associated with patient scheduling, payments and co-payments.
Performs routine duties associated with patient scheduling, payments and co-payments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. 1. Updates patient demographics at each visit.
2. Verifies insurance information at each visit.
3. Performs cashiering functions. Collects payments and prints receipts.
4. Closes daily batch and balances cash drawer within plus or minus $5.00. Places money bag in the safe at the end of each shift.
6. Appropriately schedules appointments per department guidelines; provides each patient with future appointments with an appointment card per department protocol as evidenced by appointment audit.
7. Obtains medical records for same day appointments.
8. Answers telephone by the third ring. Identifies the department, their name and asks, “May I help you?”
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
10. Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.